Investment opportunities in Waste Management in Greece
The investment opportunities in Waste management in Greece are very good, since there is not enough capacity of the existing companies at the moment for managing and processing the waste of the local market.
The investment opportunities in Waste management in Greece show many advantages since there are binding EU commitments to recycle packaging material and decrease biodegradable waste, there is a favorable EU financial framework involving partnerships of public with private sector and of course insufficient local capacity to meet local waste management needs.
If we could focus on the investment opportunities in Waste management in Greece, we could select some key areas of special interest that have high potential such as:
• collection and managing of municipal waste
• waste management expertise, infrastructure and transportation
• providing integrated waste management systems
• clinical and hazardous waste management
There are currently two waste management projects in Greece which focus on managing and solving the solid waste which is produced in municipality level, and aim at creating a long term eco-friendly and sustainable solution.
For the Western Macedonia waste management project, which involves Public and Private partnerships, by the end of 2012, all interested parties will submit their binding offers.
• Several companies or consortium have passed in the next phase of this waste management project in Western Macedonia, Greece, such as Waste Syclo, Novaera Hellas, Terna, Helector – Helesi.
In Southern Greece, in Peloponnese, the waste management project is moving ahead for the selection of the company which will be responsible for designing, building and managing the the waste management
plant for almost three decades, with a capacity of 100,000 tons approximately.
• Companies such as: Terna, Archirodon Group Consortium –Intrakat –Envitec, Mediterranean Consortium and J&PAvax have already been qualified for the project above.
Concluding, the investment opportunities in Waste management in Greece offer a high level of win-win partnerships which combine business sustainability along with applied ecology.