Quality Assurance Systems
6 February 2013
Environmental and Waste to Energy Services
6 February 2013

Renewable energy sources – RES

Renewable energy sources

Renewable energy sources – RES

Greece, and the European Union, have established key priorities and binding policies related to the production of electricity from renewable sources.
To establish security and diversification of its energy supply, and ensure environmental protection and sustainable development, Greece promotes the establishment of power using renewable energy sources.
Increasingly, renewable energy sources play an important role in Greece’s energy production profile.
Current production is based on large-scale hydropower stations operated by PPC. Renewables account for approximately 5% of electricity production, not including the 5% contribution of hydropower stations.
The present investment framework calls for a striking increase in production from Wind, Solar, Geothermal, and Biomass/Biofuels, which are expected to contribute increasingly as a transport fuel.

For 2008, the total installed capacity of new renewables stood at 1282 MW. of which 93% is aeolic (wind) production and the remaining 7% from biomass and solar.

Greece’s target is to produce electrical energy from RES at a 29% share of the total electrical power by 2020. The percentage is broken down as follows: 
To be in conformity with the Energy and Climate Change package and the European Energy Policy, the following minimum targets have been established:
 
  • Wind (aeolic): A capacity of 5.5 GW in the mainland system and 600 MW in the non-connected island systems.
  • Hydro: A capacity of 3.9 GW (including large hydro).
  • Solar (photovoltaic): A capacity of 800 MW.
 
Internet Resources—Energy.
 
  • Ministry of Environment, Energy, and Climate Change www.minev.gr.
  • Ministry of Economy, Competitiveness, and Shipping www.ypoian.gr.
  • General Secretariat for Research and Technology www.gsrt.gr.
  • Regulatory Authority for Energy www.rae.gr.
  • Public Power Corporation www.dei.gr.
  • Hellenic Transmission System Operator http://desmie.gr.
  • Greek Association of RES Electricity Producers http://hellasres.gr.
  • Center for Renewable Energy Sources http://cres.gr.
  • Public Gas Corporation www.DEPA.gr.
  • Hellenic Petroleum http://www.hellenic-petroleum.gr/.
  • Greek Solar Industry Association http://www.ebhe.gr.
  • Hellenic Association for the Cogeneration of Heat and Power http://www.ebhe.gr.
  • Hellenic Association of Photovoltaic Companies http://www.helapco.gr/.
 
Greece’ s Investment Incentives Law governs the terms and conditions of direct investment in Greece and provides for the incentives available to domestic and foreign investors, dependent on the sector and thelocation of the investment. The Ministry of Economy, Competitiveness and Shipping has suspended Law 3299/2004 effective 29/1/2010 and, in cooperation with the relevant Ministries, is proceeding to reevaluatethe legislation.After a process of open discussion with bodies and organisations of the main sectors within the economy, the Ministry will reform the Investment Law to render it a major driver of a new development model,which will incorporate green development as a priority component.

Powered by 360web.gr 360web.gr 360web.gr 360web.gr 360web.gr vkpremium Business consultants