There is a strong financial incentive for Greek and foreign investors to choose Greece for the production of their audiovisual works.
Significant cash rebates are given for investments in the production of films, television series, documentaries, animation and digital games in Greece.
At the rate of 40% is subsidized the production of audiovisual works such as movies, TV series, documentaries, cartoons anddigital games.
The subsidy has the form of cash rebate, i.e. a part of the production expenses is reimbursed through a refund.
Minimum investment amounts per type of audiovisual production
- Television & Film productions with a minimum cost of one hundred thousand (100,000) euros
- Production of a documentary film, with a minimum cost of sixty thousand (60,000) Euros
- Production of Short Film, with a minimum cost of sixty thousand (60,000) Euros
- Episodes of TV series fiction, with a minimum cost of twenty-five (25,000) Euros per episode produced
- Documentary or animated production episodes, with a minimum cost of twenty-five (20,000) Euros per episode produced
- TV productions of at least 70 episodes, with a minimum cost of fifteen (15,000) Euros per produced episode
- Production of digital games with a minimum cost of thirty (30,000) Euros
Beneficiaries of aid
- Companies that have been established or have a branch in the Greek territory
- International producers of audiovisual works who have signed a contract with a company established or with a branch in Greece
Payment of aid
The aid is carried out in a one payment, upon the completion of the investment plan.
The amount is deposited no later than 6 months after the completion of the production, provided that all the provisions have been complied with procedures by law N. 4487/2017.
Eligible costs are these costs that are incurred in Greece and do not exceed 80% of the total production cost of the audiovisual project (eligible costs production).
- Expenses for rights, such as script, music investment
- Expenses for any kind of provision of services directly related to the production of audiovisual project, such as accommodation and food, transportation, equipment rental, studio, editing-mixing and after production services
- Wage costs of jobs for the implementation of the investment plan
- Costs of material supply
- Costs of design, production and testing of digital game software.
- Expenditures for the agreed producer fee – production executor
For further information please contact VK PREMIUM Business Consultants at : firstname.lastname@example.org or call us : + 30 210 6835560
* The fields with * are required.