Urban Environmental Management
VK PREMIUM BUSINESS CONSULTING LTD joins forces with its clients in order to develop sustainable solutions for the wide range of environmental and social challenges that industries business typically face. VK PREMIUM BUSINESS CONSULTING LTD is focused on providing practical and efficient solutions thas helping clients through their day to day operation and licencing requirements.
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Waste Management
- Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001, EMAS)
- Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001)
- Environmental Monitoring
- Environmental Modeling
- Biodiversity management
VK PREMIUM BUSINESS CONSULTING LTD, can assist your company when you need to apply for an environmental permit for your current, future or expanding business. We can also assist in clarifying your company’s environmental legislation, and when necessary, update and maintain legislation on behalf of your company.
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Integrated Pollution Prevention Control (IPPC)
- Applications for Air Emissions Permits
- Wastewater Discharge Permits
- Solid waste Discharge Permits
- Hazardous Waste Discharge Permits
Significant business opportunity worldwide is the development of sustainable waste management, which includes the whole life cycle of the wastes, through maximizing the recovery of energy and materials and minimizing the environmental impacts on the basis of the scientific knowledge of the effects of various waste treatment technologies in Greece and worldwide.
In this context, it is recognized that the dominant form of waste management is recycling at the source and composting of preselected waste followed by the thermal processing (waste to energy- WTE through incineration or plasma gasification) of MSW with simultaneous energy recovery , as waste to Energy is used in the majority of the currently (end 2009) operating 800 WTE plants worldwide.
After the voting in Greece of Law for RES 3851/2010, the optimum solution for municipal solid waste treatment, is to develop an integrated waste management system based on recycling and composting at the source and also the thermal treatment of the residuals for energy recovery (waste to energy).
The environmentally friendly and energy efficient thermal processing of MSW (waste to energy/WtE), is the only proven and dominant method, which is applied by our European fellows, as the only final solution for MSW treatment .The technology of thermal treatment with energy recovery is used in more than 430 plants across Europe, located even inside city center of European capitals, which in combination with recycling at the source, consists of an integrated and proven waste management practice.
The European Green Capitals (Paris, Stockholm, Copenhagen, etc) use a combination of recycling at the source and thermal treatment with energy recovery. According to the 2008/98 EU directive, a WTE plant is considered an energy recovery operation.
Thermal treatment methods contribute to the prevention of the climate change. Energy recovered from thermal treatment of waste contributes to the reduction of greenhouse gases in two ways: a. Prevents the production of methane CH4 (21 times more potent greenhouse gas(GHG) than CO2) and other emissions from landfill sites and b. Emits less CO2 compared to fossil fuels which it replaces (i.e. lignite, mazout,etc.).
In thermal treatment plants it is possible to co-incinerate industrial waste with similar composition to municipal waste, sludge from biological treatment and biomass.
For more information you can see www.wtert.gr, www.synergia.com.gr. The Waste to Energy Research and Technology council (“SYNERGIA”,) was founded in July 2008 by the Earth Engineering Center of Columbia University, U.S.A. (WTERT/USA), members of the Thermodynamics and Transport Phenomena Laboratory, School of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, members of the Laboratory of Heat Transfer and Environmental Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece,. Also, CEWEP and many other professors from Greek and foreign universities, participate.
- Impact Assessment Studies in the Environment
- Environmental Assessment
- Impact assessment of projects and processes
- Management and Environmental Monitoring
- Specialized studies of environmental / traffic noise
- Measurement and assessment of acoustic environment
- Evaluation of the impact of noise
- Application software for the assessment of traffic noise and the planning of protective measures by the traffic noise
- Produce noise
- Studies of air quality and water
- Measuring and evaluating the quality of air and water
- Modeling dispersion of pollutants in the atmosphere and surface water resources
Environmental monitoring (environmental audit, environmental due diligence audit) first and second degree in business in relation to the following:
- Control over the standard requirements of Environmental Management (ISO14001, ECOLABEL, EMAS)
- Check companies for compliance with legislation and conditions
- Risk assessment
- Needs assessment for decontamination and remediation work environment